WRSS – Faculty Student Self-Government Council
The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Resource Management (until 2021 – Faculty of Mining and Geoengineering and until 2002 – Faculty of Mining) is the oldest and was the only faculty of the Mining Academy, established in 1919 and opened by Marshal Józef Piłsudski. Until the 1950s, the history of the faculty was the history of the Academy.
Nowadays, the faculty staff actively participates in the development of mining regions, solves problems related to the economics, organisation and management in the mining industry, as well as combating water, gas, heat and quake hazards. The Faculty conducts model cooperation with industry with respect to Polish technical solutions being exported to countries all over the world. It is also engaged in atypical for its character scientific activity, as it contributes to the process of restoration and conservation of underground infrastructure in historic towns such as Sandomierz or Kłodzko. The Faculty is a co-implementer of a considerable number of general contracts with numerous institutions at home and abroad. These are mainly related to the scientific and research cooperation, improvement of the Faculty laboratory base, student internships, as well as joint creation of employment policy for engineers – graduates of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Resource Management.